Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Taking the World By Storm

Dylan,

You had your mommy quaking in her rainbows today, when she thought you were going to take the world by storm! This afternoon, I experienced my very first, and what I hope to be my last, earthquake.  The house shook hard enough to make the girls run and hide, pictures fall from the wall, and interrupt the news, tracking Hurricane Irene, which is set to arrive on your due date. Needless to say, this week has started out to be extremely interesting, and I anticipate, with August 28th steadily approaching, it will end just as powerfully as it began. Quickly, my son, I am preparing myself to be moved, as you prepare to take this world by storm.

Here are a few of the most recent headlines and pictures from the news:
The track from the National Hurricane Center for Irene as of 11 a.m. on Aug. 23, 2011.
Copyright 2011 Capitol Broadcasting Company





"Above All Else, Eastern Quake Rattles Nerves"- New York Times August 24, 2011

An image released by the NOAA made from the GEOS East satellite shows Hurricane Irene on Aug. 23, 2011. The storm is on a track that could see it reach the U.S. Southeast as a major storm by the end of the week. (AP Photo/NOAA)



"Holy Moly! What just happened?"-Mommy's Facebook

"From Georgia to Maine, the Earth shook the entire east coast"-WRAL Morning News: 8/24/2011

"Buddy, something just shook our entire downtown five-story building!!"-Text message from your Dad


I have always had a flare from drama, Dylan, and as this week continues to move forward, I am starting to feel that maybe you are going to get that from me! And, that makes me both excited and extremely nervous! Yesterday, I even called my doctor to ask what would happen if we got stuck at home while I was in labor, unable to get to the hospital due to the storm.  Luckily, I had to leave a message, and I am dreading the call back.  Am I really worried about that at this point??  My friend Katie told me not to worry about the doctor. In fact she said, "They are used to dealing with pregnant women, and we are all CRAZY." The good news about all of this is at least we can laugh about it.  I am sure you are reading this and thinking, wow, mom is crazy!! And, you would not be totally wrong!


The bottom line is this:  you will be here soon, "come Hell or high water" (Meme Moore original) and one thing is for sure "it won't be as long as it's been" (Granna Boyette bit of wisdom).  


And until  "The Deputy" and "The Sheriff" show a bit more concern, we will remain calm!  


Hurry Home,


Mom

1 comment:

  1. I don't know which part made me laugh more--the Facebook status/text message or the words of wisdom from the grandmas!

    ReplyDelete