Monday, January 10, 2011

It's a Sick Thing

Pizza used to make my mouth water. And, I totally mean in a get in my belly sort of way. Now, my mouth waters and stomach turns because I cannot stand the smell or taste of red sauce.  Also, I would like to address the guy, cause it had to be, who gave morning sickness its name. I mean really?  It lasts all day in my case, and if I am not eating crackers or drinking ginger ale, I have to be asleep because otherwise, I am not a nice person. 

In short, I know what my mother meant by because I said so. You see, any mother who has gone through any element of my past two weeks has the right to say so and also take you out of this world, cause she brought you in it.  And it is true.  Having a hangover without having had the fun the night before is miserable. Period. 

But, that is not even the sickest part of this whole mission of the first trimester.  It is sick how much I already love Baby Boyette. Although his/her heart hasn't yet begun to beat, I can still feel the connection between the two of us.  Baby B is the first thing on my mind in the morning (mainly because I am about to toss my cookies) and in my dreams each night as I think of his/her potential in this world.  I already feel less selfish and am excited to forgo pedicures and wardrobes if it means saving money for his/her college fund. 

Dan has been amazing; so much more amazing than I could be in his position. Could you imagine having a wife that once loved to eat and get out and exercise now become a lifeless ball of saltine eating, pizza despising pregnant woman?  His kindness and patience with my tears and mood swings reminds me that I am so lucky to have found him.  I am just now starting week eight and have been physically sick each day for the past two and half weeks. Although it has been a test in my patience, and I have cried more in the past few weeks than ever, I am comforted and saddened that it won't be like this for long. Time has already started to fly by.

1 comment:

  1. Not sick, it's beautiful!!! Sorry I served you red sauce... hope I didn't help it turn sour for you!! <3

    ReplyDelete