Monday, August 29, 2011

Just A Conversation

Dear Dylan,

We are leaving for the hospital shortly, and I thought if your Dad and I wrote to you about our last conversation at our home before meeting you, it may make for some comic relief. 

Dad: "Ames-is there anything upstairs left that I need to get? 
Mom: "Dylan's bag and my bag."
Dad: "Purple bag? Hair straightner?"
Mom: "No, just our bags."
Dad: "Hair dryer?"
Mom: "Oh, yes, I forgot to put that in there."
Dad: "Do we need a onesie or something else for Dylan to come home in just in case?"
Mom: (laughing anxiously) "I've got it taken care of, sweetie. Promise."
Dad: "I'm nervous, buddy."
Mom: "I'm hungry!" 
Dad: "I'm going to Subway. I will be there and back by the time you have to call."

You see, Dylan, your parents are expert communicators.  We keep our conversations short and sweet, so that no one gets confused!! :)  Although we are both so excited to meet you, I think it is obvious that we are scared  to death.  You are already so precious to us, and we want to make sure that we get it right, for your sake. I have been thinking about you all day today-all weekend, really-and I keep thinking over and over again how awesome this experience has been. Back during the first tri-mester, I was so sick that I just wanted the time to pass, and now, as the time is here, I find myself already missing your subtle kicks, sweet hiccups, and gentle movements.  

I wanted to include some last minute pictures of your parents before we leave for the hospital. I have no doubt that these will haunt you for most of your teenage years, but please know one thing, the crazy kids in these pictures love you so much and have from the very beginning!

and Confused!

Dazed 


See you soon, sweet angel,

Mom and Dad

No comments:

Post a Comment