Saturday, August 27, 2011

"The Sun'll Come Out, Tomorrow"

Sweet Baby Dylan,

I posted the title to this blog last night before bed, thinking that maybe you would come today and brighten what is sure to be one of the darkest weekends we've seen in awhile. :) Well, you didn't come, but the sun did come out over the wreckage left in the wake of Hurricane Irene.  As you know, this past weekend brought a terrible storm that has left death and destruction across North Carolina and even made its way up the northern coast.  Millions of people are without power, several schools in the eastern part of the state are without roofs and functioning classrooms, and still, the sun is shining. 

Today, your Dad has worked all day to clean up our yard, as it was filled with leaves, sticks, and other storm debris.  He has stopped only for lunch and dinner, and now, is outside finishing the job. I helped until noon, but he then ordered me inside to rest! I know I have said this before to you in these letters, but I truly hope you get his dedication and his care of others. He is truly one of the greatest men that I have ever known, and soon, you will be sharing that honor with your Dad and your Pape.

Tomorrow evening, we will go for the induction or what I like to call the "medical bribe" to encourage you to come meet your new family!  I am still hopeful that you will make your way into this world on your own, so I am not giving up. Truthfully, though, you better act fast because "time's a wastin".  I love you, Dylan, and no matter what, you're only a day away!
Love you, to the moon and back,
Mom

1 comment: