Thursday, June 30, 2011

Blankets, Bottles, and Booties-Oh My!


Check out this spread that your grandmothers
put together!!! Also, take a closer look at the
diaper cake your Meme made. :)
Dearest Dylan,

I am rarely speechless.  In fact, I can think of only a handful of times when I had no words, and by the time you read this letter, you will certainly understand the significance of a wordless mommy. It almost never happens.   However, over the course of the past few days, I have found great difficulty in putting my feelings onto paper, so bear with me as I give it my best shot. 

Your Aunt Beep-Beep and Cousin Abby.
I have always known what a great support system that I have had in my family and my friends. Nevertheless, the outpouring of love that we have received in the last week has been astonishing.  You will come to understand the power of a person’s words, especially when his or her actions support those words. However, I must say that as cliché as it sounds, especially as I write this down, people’s actions, especially the people that you have in your life, give the greatest testament how much you are loved. 


Check out this picture: This is your Meme and your Aunt Rocky! Mommy is the one in the middle in case you are confused! :)  

See how much we love you?



A baby shower is just that—a time to “shower” the mommy and baby to be with gifts to prepare them both for the journey ahead. As I opened all of the gifts, and trust me, there were more than I have every seen in my tenure as a seasoned gift-giver, I realized that the greatest gift was the time that each of your loved ones gave to celebrate your arrival. Amid the torn paper, the endless bottles, the books that one day will show the wear of an avid reader, I was able to scan the crowd. The joy on their faces, the excitement in their voices, and the love in their hearts moved me beyond words.  Not only did every person choose the perfect gift for you, but they also shared stories of your past—the ones that you will surely learn as you grow to be the perfect young man that they all know you will someday be. 
Both of these cakes were as yummy as they were beautiful!!!! 


How can these be stories of your past when you have yet to be born, you ask?
And here, my inquisitive dreamer, is this letter’s lesson.  As I searched the faces of the people that gathered to celebrate you, I realized that all of our stories begin in the lives of the people that love us the most.  Through them, we learn who we are and decide who we want to be. This I can tell you for sure: you are loved, Dylan Ashley Boyette. And that love is by far the best gift that anyone could ever give. 

Love you good,      

Mommy
Your Aunt Ashley arranged these flowers as
her centerpiece at our first baby shower!







  
See that diaper cake in the background?
A super-star mommy and friend made that
for you! :) Now, that is talent! 

No comments:

Post a Comment